Trimble® Irrigate-IQ™ Variable Rate Irrigation
A Smarter Way to Irrigate
Every field is variable. They each vary in topography, soils, rainfall, and many other factors. And because of this variability, not every area needs the same amount of water. Too much or too little water can affect the quality and quality of your yield. Because every drop matters, every decision you make about irrigation is critical.
With Trimble Irrigate-IQ variable rate irrigation, you can precisely apply the right amount of water, fertigation, or effluent in the right place—while minimizing runoff. Use Irrigate-IQ variable rate irrigation to control pivot irrigators, plan irrigation plans, perform targeted application, and receive reports. By enhancing your irrigation operation, you can ensure you’re doing what’s best for your crop and your farm.
- Improve crop quality and yield
- Optimize water resources and water use efficiency
- Minimize input costs of water, fertigation, or effluent
- Reduce energy costs for fuel and electricity
- Ensure even application to reduce run-off and leaching
- Meet environmental regulations by controlling and reporting on where and how much you irrigate
Create Irrigation Plans
- Generate your own prescription maps by drawing polygons on top of a satellite map or use an EC soil map to create your irrigation plan
- Work with your trusted advisor to create VRI plans that compensate for variations in soil properties, vegetative health, topography and precipitation history within each field
- Manage exclusion zones to ensure water is not being wasted in areas that don’t need it, such as roadways or other fixed landmarks
- Update and send your irrigation plans instantly and wirelessly to the irrigator
Water With Precision
- Control individual nozzles to apply the right depth in the right spot
- Disperse effluent through your irrigation system without blocking or corroding valves
- Optimize application beyond the pivot circle using corner arm control and VRI plans
- Control end guns to ensure they apply beyond the pivot circle only where required
Industry-leading, 3-way vent to atmosphere valves ensure the system performs reliably all season. The rugged, fully-sealed housing prevents clogging and blockage, even when pumping effluent, fertilizer, or unwanted debris. Plus, the valves default to the open position, so water is always flowing and the system won’t accidentally run dry.
Individual Nozzle Control
Irrigate-IQ variable rate irrigation gives you control over each individual nozzle for the highest level of accuracy. Each nozzle is controlled independently, and its flow rate can be changed based on the irrigation plan and location.
Flexible and Scalable
The Irrigate-IQ solution is flexible and scalable to suit your irrigation needs. It can be installed on many pivot makes and models that have basic or smart panels. You can start with a basic monitor and control system and upgrade to either optimal flow or variable rate irrigation at any time using the same base hardware. There is no loss of initial investment.
This product is only available in North America at this time. Please contact your local Valley dealer for more information.