When used together, the Valley BaseStation3™ and the Water Sentinel from Cascade Earth Sciences (CES) can provide you with powerful tools to manage the challenges of distributing effluent waste. The BaseStation3 provides you with the ability to monitor and control center pivots with your smartphone, tablet or PC, so you can efficiently manage your operation with less time and labor. The BaseStation3 collects application and flow meter data that can be integrated into the CES Water Sentinel, a standalone, Internet-accessible data management service designed by water management experts to simplify data management at all land application sites.
Each Water Sentinel application is customized to dairy operators' needs, in terms of:
• Land application fields (number and crops)
• Manure, process wash water, soil and crop tissue analytical data collection and reporting
• Solid waste analytical data collection and reporting
• Per field nutrient loading, based on process wash water nutrient concentration and volume of water applied
• Annual report table generation to document successful nutrient management